Behind the Design
- What's your favorite font and why?
- Parfumerie. Its elegant lines, curves and embellishments give it a dress-up feel, but it’s also easy to read, which is important for any invitation.
- Do you have a specific ritual when you sit down to create a collection?
- Truthfully, no. I am a natural creative type so inspiration can strike anywhere—in a cab, at a restaurant, walking down the street. I always keep a sketch pad nearby for when the ideas spring up!
- Why is stationery important?
- In today's fast-paced digital world, the handwritten note is still the ultimate luxury. My passion is to keep that old-world tradition of stationery alive. Something that arrives in the mail—and especially a thoughtfully designed invitation—holds immense importance and properly commemorates a special occasion, versus getting lost in a whirlwind of emails and texts. It’s a keepsake that lasts.