NIGHT OWL DESIGNS
BEHIND THE DESIGN
- What's your favorite pattern or color?
- Cerulean, avocado green or raw umber. Favorite pattern would have to be gingham or plaid.
- How did you end up doing what you do for a living?
- It all started with a stamp collection and a pen pal. We've made our own cards forever and always loved sending and receiving note cards. After years of working in advertising, it was an easy decision to turn our passion for paper into a fun and thriving business more suited to our style.
- Do you have a specific ritual when you sit down to create a collection?
- We start by organizing our pens, pencils and paint brushes. Then we go through our sketchbooks to see if our recent inspirations could turn into a collection.
- Why is stationery important?
- Stationery connects people in a very different way than the telephone or internet. Handwritten notes are a total surprise!