Behind the Design
- How did you end up doing what you do for a living?
- I was an Art Director for Parisian, a former division of SAKS. Directing photo shoots taught me the importance of composition with dynamic angles and contrast of scale to create interest.
- Where do you look for inspiration?
- I adore the illustrations in children's books, especially Lauren Child’s Charlie and Lola series. She uses simple shapes with quirky patterns in the most charming way.
- What's your favorite pattern or color?
- Black and white look so crisp and together and make almost any pattern look modern. I also love to add in a pop of gold for an elegant touch.
- Why is stationery important?
- Stationery sets the tone for an event. It helps dictate the colors for decorations and flowers. It shows off the personalities of the people sending them.