Little girl birthday parties are so exciting. They can also be very fun to plan and it all starts with the party invitations. Below are the top 5 party invitations for little girls to help assist in your planning.
1. Fairies: Fairies are popular among little girls. You'll find fairies, wings and magical wands as part of the invitation design for this theme. Fairy designs come in all colors and are usually pastels. Green, pink, lilac and yellow are very popular fairy party theme colors and look great on girl birthday invitations.
2. Princess: Princess invitation themes will always remain in the top 5 for party invitation designs for little girls. What little girl doesn't dream of being a princess? Invitation designs vary for princess parties. Something as simple as a tiara logo on the invitation or maybe even a princess dress design with the party information printed on the dress. Another cute option for a princess theme party is to have a photo of your little girl dressed as a princess printed on the front of the invitation.
3. Slumber Party: Slumber party designs are a big hit for the school age girls. You'll usually find images of pillows or girls dressed in pajamas for the invitations. All girls get excited about their first big girl slumber party so going with a fun invitation design is a great way to tie that together to build excitement for the guests as well.
4. Butterflies and Ladybugs: Butterflies and ladybugs are a common icon for little girls. When purchasing party invitations with the design of cute girlie insects the invitations can go well with just about any theme. There is just something appealing about a beautiful butterfly or adorable ladybug design.
5. Cupcakes: Cupcakes and/or ice cream cones on the party invitation is another popular choice. The sweetness of cupcakes or ice cream not only symbolizes the party celebration but also stands for the sweet little girl who is celebrating. When choosing the cupcake design you can often find invitations that have the number of candles on the cupcake that your little girl is turning. Brightly colors cupcakes or ice cream cones are a fun party invitation design yet simple to make any theme.
When selecting a party invitation design for your little girl just keep in mind her style and personality. You want her party to reflect who she is and what she likes. Sticking with a theme is always best and having your party invitations match that theme is the best way to let your guests have a sneak peek of what to expect at the actual event.
"Overall, I love these invitations! I decided to round the edges of the invitation. There was plenty of space on the front to put in the details of the party. On the back, I chose the one picture option. The only think I wish I could have done would be to round the edges of the picture on the back - the hard corners make it look somewhat out of place - but that obviously was nothing major and I'm sure only something I will notice. I like that Tiny Prints also includes rectangle envelopes so that I don't have to pay more in shipping for the square invitation."
"This invite is super sweet for a little girl. The colors are right on and the fact you can put pictures on the back are great. The paper quality on the normal paper is excellent, nice and thick. I got the scalloped edges which give it such a dainty look. I absolutely love it."
"Very Cute and Very Nice. Bought this as a sample for bday invite consideration. This was my top choice when received - Love the color, we got this with the pearlized/shimmer finish, which is especially nice with this design but is not necessary. The shimmer finish is front and back, if wondering. The design on the back is also nice and light enough to be written on in dark ink, if you are wanting to add your own message to the back for whatever reason. Overall, I love it. Ultimately, the bday girl (age 7 - going on 8) chose a different invite design."
"I ordered this card for my son's first birthday. It is absolutely precious! We included a picture on the back with him dressed in a clown outfit -- very cute."
"My child's first birthday invitation turned out perfect. I went with a sepia tone photo and used yellow font rather than turquoise. I'd definitely recommend this to anyone wanting to spotlight a favorite photograph in honor of the big celebration."