10 Great Gifts for Terrific Thank Yous!
Sometimes, a simple thank you card isn't enough. Your thank you cards might be stylish, personalized and expertly written, but there are some occasions that call for a more substantial gift to accompany your thank you cards. These events can be anything from a warm welcome at a friend's home to an overnight stay on your neighbor's yacht–anything that makes you feel particularly grateful to a friend or loved one. Here are ten great gifts to slip inside your thank you notes to show your gratitude in style.
- A handwritten poem. Whether you compose the poem yourself or simply copy a beloved verse out of an anthology, this gift is touching, heartfelt and fits easily inside your thank you notes.
- Gift certificates. Send gift cards tucked inside your thank you cards and treat someone special to a free movie, a dinner out at their favorite restaurant or a little shopping spree.
- Personal Photos. Stick some of your favorite photographs of you and the person you are thanking into your thank you note for a special personal touch. This works well when you include photos from an event that you are thanking guests for their attendance at.
- Tickets. Tuck a pair of tickets to a sporting event, concert or theatrical performance inside your thank you card to treat a deserving friend to an exciting night out on the town.
- Party Favors. Small children's party favors like comics, stickers and temporary tattoos often slip easily into thank you note envelopes.
- Charms. For a delightful favor for adults, include a small charm or trinket in your thank you cards. Whenever they see it, your charm will always remind them of your generosity.
- Bookmarks. Whether store-bought or homemade using old cards, photos or crafting supplies, bookmarks make excellent gifts for sophisticated or literary friends.
- Scrapbooking supplies. Have any good friends who love to scrapbook? Send them inspiration in the form of stick-on letters, ribbons, old ticket stubs you used together–anything to get their creative juices flowing!
- Personalized stationery. What better gift to tuck inside your own thank you notes than personalized stationery for your friends and family?
- Tangible Memories. For longtime friends, old photographs, programs from shows you attended or even an old childhood letter make excellent additions to your thank you cards.