Thank You Card Wording
Expressing your gratitude for either an act of kindness, helpful favor or generous gift is best done with a simple yet sincere thank you card. And even if you have already communicated your appreciation in person, it is still polite to follow up a verbal thank-you with a heartfelt handwritten message. Taking just a few moments of your time to recognize someone's gracious gesture with a thoughtful note will certainly mean a lot.
Here are a few things to keep in mind when writing thank you cards:
- Handwritten thank you notes are more personal and intimate than typed letters.
- Your thank you card message doesn't have to be an eloquently written piece of prose, but it should be expressed from the heart.
- Even though all thank you notes serve the same purpose, each message should differ depending on the situation and what the person did for you.
- Make sure you're specific with your wording and describe what it is that you appreciate the most about the gift or kind gesture.
Baby Shower Thank You Card Wording
A baby shower is a wonderful occasion where friends and family members come together in order to celebrate the soon-to-be mom by showering her with lots of love and thoughtful gifts. Bibs, bottles, strollers and car seats are just a few examples of the generous items that mothers generally receive during this joyous event. And even though you have already thanked guests at the shower, it's still important to send a special handwritten note as well.
- In your message, express how much you appreciate the gift and how it will be used.
- Thank guests for attending your shower and describe how having them there made the party so much more meaningful.
- Feel free to include relevant poems or quotes in order to give your thank-yous a little more character.
- Be sure to write an extra-special thank you note to the person who planned and organized your shower.
- You can cut your workload in half by keeping each message short, sweet and to the point.
I can't thank you enough for the adorable little outfit that you gave us. Baby Noah is going to look so precious in that button down shirt with the matching jacket. You have great taste!
Thank you once again.
Graduation Thank You Card Messages
Graduation is a time where friends and family members celebrate the star student by sending gifts and expressing their congratulations. And since loved ones go out of their way to recognize the grad on this momentous occasion, it's important to reciprocate their generosity by sending a thoughtful and appreciative card.
- Before graduates begin writing their thank-yous, remember to make a list of all the gifts received and who they're from in order to keep track of what needs to be said in each card later on
- Describe what the graduation gift will be used for and how it will help with college or a future job.
- When thanking someone for their gift of money, do not be specific about the actual amount received.
- For friends or family members who showed up to the graduation ceremony, be sure to thank them for their attendance.
Thank you so much for the generous graduation gift. I will be using it to buy a new suit that I can wear to job interviews.
Birthday/Theme Party Thank You Card Words
A birthday party is another occasion where loved ones will shower you with attention and generous gifts. So it's important to thank each guest who has taken the time to purchase and wrap a present especially for you.
- Thank you notes for birthday gifts don't need to be long, but they should be heartfelt.
- Start off your message by thanking the person for their presence at your party.
- Provide a brief description of why you love their gift and how you plan to use it.
- Communicate your appreciation for the love and friendship of the people who participated in the celebrated with you.
However, sometimes not all guests will bring a present to your party. And if this happens, you should still send them a thank you card for simply showing up.
Here are a few examples of how to thank guests for their attendance:
Having you there made my birthday so much more special. Thank you for joining me in celebrating my birthday. I'm so glad that you were able to make it to my birthday party. It would not have been the same without you there.
On the other hand, if someone was not able to attend your celebration but still sent you a birthday present anyway, you should mention that you missed having them there.
I'm sorry you weren't able to make it to my birthday party.
I really missed having you there to celebrate with us.