Planning an Eco-Friendly Party with Eco-Friendly Party Invitations
Having fun is always the goal at a party, but doing so in an eco-friendly way is even better. All Tiny Prints party invitations are made from FSC-certified paper or from paper made with 30% post consumer waste, but we think eco-friendly party invitations are just the start! Here are five extra ways to turn your party into a 'green' event.
- Use recycled paper for your party invitations, thank you cards, napkins and other birthday supplies. You can learn more about our commitment to eco-friendly products by visiting the Tiny Prints paper quality page.
- Plan your party around an educational event that will inspire everyone to take care of the environment. Your party invitations can reflect the theme of your event, from visits to the zoo to museums, animal shelters and other worthy causes.
- Use clearly labeled, separate trash cans for glass and aluminum to make sure that everyone recycles their bottles and cans. Label your other trash can in such a way that makes guests reconsider what they're throwing away.
- Combine your birthday invitations with announcements for a pre-party tree planting or a beach cleanup. If you are planning a party at the beach or a park anyway, this is a great way to let your guests help you get the space ready for the actual party. Plus it encourages everyone to take an active role in protecting the environment.
- If your child is particularly motivated to give back, give guests the option of donating to charity as a gift. Simply list the charity website on the party invitations.
In the age of global climate change and a growing endangered species list, these are just a few small steps you can take to live life a little more responsibly without sacrificing a great experience. So start shopping for those recycled party invitations today and host an environmentally friendly party that will leave everyone feeling a little lighter and brighter!