Top 5 ways to Celebrate Valentine's Day
You've got your Valentine's Day card picked out, but what next? If you're stumped for ideas this Valentine's season on where and how to celebrate your Valentine's Day, fear not! Tiny Prints has a few suggestions for you: both economical Valentine's Day ideas, and some, perhaps, not quite so economical ideas. Here are the top five ways to celebrate this Valentine's Day with your loved one.
- Candlelight dinner: Is there really anything more romantic than this Valentine's Day idea? Whether you are hosting this in your home or at an expensive restaurant, this is always a winner. If you're at home, spread some rose petals around to show your sweetie where to go. Be sure to crack open a bottle of wine, or a chilled bottle of sparkling grape juice. If you don't want to cook, then you can always go out or order out...or bribe a friend to cook for you.
- Picnic in the park: Grab a blanket and pack a basket, then take your sweetie for an afternoon or early evening picnic in the park. If you feel up to it, bring a couple of kites along or bottles of bubbles. You can also plan a long walk or hike if you are the outdoorsy-type. But remember to think about what your Valentine will enjoy the most.
- Star gazing: This Valentine's Day idea is not so traditional, but it is loads of fun. Climb up on your roof with a blanket and a bottle of wine or champagne and watch the stars come out. You can prepare a list of questions for each of you to take turns answering, or you can let the conversation flow as it will. You can also do this on the lawn if you don't want to or can't find a roof to use.
- Photo scavenger hunt: This fun Valentine's Day idea can be done with your significant other alone or together with a group of friends. Either download or make your own list of things to take a photo of and then spend the day together trying to snap photos of all of these things. This is also a great way to explore and find new places in your city.
- Movie night: If you both just need to relax on Valentine's Day then try this idea. Put together a Valentine's Day movie marathon and then pop some popcorn, open a bottle of wine, lay out a few chocolates and then relax on the sofa and give each other foot and back massages during the movies. You can purchase some thick foot cream or muscle rub for the massages to really give your Valentine's Day a quality feeling. This Valentine's Day idea is sure to be a huge hit for your lover and their tired muscles.
The most important thing to remember when selecting your Valentine's Day idea is to keep the personality and likes of your sweetie in mind. Sure they will love a day spent with you, but it will make it all the better if it's doing something that they enjoy doing as well.