Valentine's Day Movies
If you're looking to stay home on Valentine's Day, curled up with your sweetie and a glass of wine, a box of chocolates, a bowl of popcorn, and Valentine's Day cards, then you've come to the right place to pick a Valentine's Day movie that will set the perfect tone for your Valentine's Day.
- Love Actually - A cute movie following many different couples and storylines that all seem to tie into each other, one way or another. Great for a few laughs and a few tears as well.
- Sabrina, - Audrey Hepburn is a classic Valentine's Day movie feast in whatever movie you choose. The original Sabrina and the remake with Harrison Ford are both safe choices for Valentine's Day.
- Shakespeare in Love - What Valentine's Day is complete without a little Shakespeare? This movie focuses on Shakespeare's own love life and is a perfect Valentine's Day movie.
- While You Were Sleeping - Sandra Bullock and Bill Pullman are phenomenal in this love story about a lonely young woman who finds herself engaged to the wrong man with a perfect family. You're sure to find yourself alternating between laughter and tears with this classic movie.
- Sleepless in Seattle - A classic Valentine's Day movie with Meg Ryan and Tom Hanks. Sure to be a great blast from the past as you see America's sweetheart Ryan fall in love with Hanks.
- Chocolat - A steamy young French woman finds herself up against an entire town that finds her repulsive. She must win them over with nothing but her chocolate and sweet demeanor. Along the way she finds herself falling in love with a mysterious gypsy played by Johnny Depp.
- Casablanca - The most classic of all classic Valentine's Day movies, Casablanca is a story of love, passion, and life. It's full of great lines such as "Here's looking at you, kid" delivered by the dashing Humphrey Bogart. This movie is an excellent as a Valentine's Day tradition or as a first ever viewing.
- Titanic - A timeless love story with the young Leonardo diCaprio and Kate Winslet. It is full of sweet moments and epic romance. Perhaps one of the best known romance movies of all time.
- Pride & Prejudice - Whether you choose the Keira Knightley version or the older longer version with Colin Firth, this is another sure choice for a Valentine's Day movie. Your heart and emotions will be pushed one way and then another until finally the movie leads to you a dramatic and teary ending. This movie is a favorite with women from all over the world.
- The Notebook - A beautiful story of a young woman and man who are desperately in love but are torn apart by the young woman's parents. Years later the young woman and the man find each other...but is it too late? Nicholas Sparks (the author of the book the movie is based on) is well-known for his ability to make his audiences cry and still adore the stories that he has created. This movie is a passionate story of true love and the lengths that people will take for that love. A beautiful Valentine's Day movie but be sure to keep a box of tissues handy!
Armed with this list of Valentine's Day movies, you are sure to have a great Valentine's Day. If you want to really set the mood, light a few candles and then lay out a soft blanket on the couch to snuggle up with your honey before turning on the TV and diving into a few of these Valentine's Day treats.