FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Top Sellers on Tiny Prints Points to 8 Stationery Trends for 2008
MOUNTAIN VIEW, CA (January 8, 2008) – Tiny Prints, Inc. (www.tinyprints.com), a leading online retailer of premium, personalized, social stationery, today announced the top design trends expected to be among the most popular in stationery this year. The list, which was based upon the best-selling card designs from the recent holiday season, reflects the top 8 greats for 2008.
"Tiny Prints consistently works with our exclusive designers to create a robust product offering that will suit the needs of a wide consumer base," said Laura Ching, VP of Merchandising. "And, every year we find that our best-selling designs during the holidays consistently reflect the top stationery trends for the year ahead."
Contrary to what some may expect, printed stationery is still as popular as ever. While the art of hand-written letters may have faded, people still are sending stationery pieces that reflect the key milestones in their lives. In fact, Tiny Prints first made a name for itself selling baby announcements, and today continues its success by offering personalized stationery for other major life events, including celebrating a new baby or pet, birthday celebrations and religious events.
Tiny Prints expects the following trends in 2008:
- Black is Back - Red and green are just a speck in your holiday rear view mirror, and the top colors were vintage chic from classic brown to baby pink and blue. But the hottest color of the year was black!
- One, Two, Many - Say good-bye to making your squirming children and pets sit for a group photo. Now, everyone can look their individual best with multi-photo cards that offer picture options both inside and out.
- All About Us - Remember printing your family highlights and stuffing it into your Christmas card? This season we created our Story Cards, a popular way to print directly onto the inside panel of folded cards with additional photos and text.
- Matchy-Matchy - For a polished, finished ensemble, customers opted for stationery components that matched the design of their holiday card. Unique design themes were easily coordinated with complementing thank you cards, address labels, and gift tags.
- All Grown up - From elegant snowflakes to simple stripes and patterns, steering clear of childish motifs and going for bold, sophisticated designs were big this year, especially for young families. Sorry Rudolph!
- Spice it Up - Plain is out when it comes to envelopes. Everyone wanted to make their cards boldly shout, "I am not a bill!" when family and friends opened their mailboxes to find colored envelopes.
- Coupledom - More couples and newlyweds sent holiday photo cards featuring their favorite wedding pictures or highlights from another year of being together. Wedded bliss has never looked so good.
- Picasso Jr. - Popular with the photo demure and design savvy, many creative families choose to skip the photos altogether and scan in a favorite child's drawing or illustration in their place.
About Tiny Prints
Founded in 2004 by three friends in beautiful Mountain View California, Tiny Prints, Inc. is a web-based company comprised of two brands offering premium, personalized, social stationery. Tiny Prints provides simple, modern and unique stationery from photo birth announcements to baby shower and birthday invitations to Christmas cards and holiday photo cards. Offering exclusive designs from the nation's top designers, easy card personalization, a powerful preview engine and top-notch customer service, their designs have been lauded by numerous television networks, publications and celebrity parents. Tiny Prints finds great joy in helping their customers discover the perfect paper and design that will leave a lasting impression.