Fun Halloween Party Ideas for Kids & Adults
You made a guest list, sent out Halloween party invitations and decked the house with cobwebs and jack-o-lanterns. Now, all that's left is finalizing all of the fiendish festivities! But don't let your Halloween celebration become unnecessarily hair-raising–Tiny Prints can help! Beyond providing stylish Halloween party invitations, we also have the inside scoop on fun party tricks and treats that everyone will enjoy.
Whether you want to host a family friendly event or a chic adult affair, indicate the level of formality on your Halloween party invitation. If you expressly invite children on the Halloween invitation, you may want to include fun crafts and games for them to participate in. Classic fall games like pin the spider on the web or bob for apples are always entertaining, and Halloween's spookiness provides endless inspiration for crafts. Try dipping wet white cloth in a glue and water mixture, then draping it over something round while it dries to create little ghost shapes. You can also have kids help dip their own caramel apples.
If you choose to have a more sophisticated Halloween soirée, make sure to let guests know through your Halloween party invitations. Always refrain from directly asking guests to leave the kids at home on the Halloween invitation itself. Instead, a well-designed and diplomatic Halloween party invitation might state, "While the kids are out trick-or-treating …" or "Book your babysitter now!" For adult-only parties, you can offer prizes for winners of various categories in a costume contest–funniest costume, most creative costume, best imitation of a character and overall best costume are all great award categories.
In addition to setting the tone, your Halloween party invitation should explain whether or not dinner will be served at the event. If you are planning to stick with ominous hors d'oeuvres like lady fingers and deviled eggs, you may want to state that monstrous munchies and a bubbling witch's brew will be available. You can also make dessert spiders using chocolate cookies as bodies and thin black licorice for legs!
With a little imagination, Halloween can be full of exciting tricks and treats for revelers of all ages!
Images: P.S. Heart
More Halloween Party Tips & Ideas
Make Halloween a treat for everyone! Tiny Prints offers some articles on how to plan, organize and celebrate the spookiest holiday of the year.
- Be sure to send the right message with your Halloween cards by considering your recipient!
- Celebrate the fall season by picking out and sending your friends and family a spooky Halloween card!
- Don't want to send a scary Halloween card but still want to celebrate the season? Look at these ideas on charming Halloween cards!
- Every wondered why we celebrate Halloween and send Halloween cards? See a historical perspective by Tiny Prints.
- 10 fun facts about Halloween traditions!
- First, let's start with the basics, every party needs a theme. So Tiny Prints offers up 5 terrifically terrifying Halloween party themes.
- Rules. There are always some rules. There just have to be. But to make sure you are in the know, Tiny Prints offers some ideas on Halloween party invitation etiquette so that you know just what those rules are.
- Stuck for costume ideas? Let Tiny Prints help. Here are some thoughts on simple, clever and last minute Halloween costumes.
- While having fun on Halloween is the universal number one priority, there is still something that is more important. So Tiny Prints offers a few safety tips on Halloween night.
- Some people have all the luck! If you are one of those people who has a birthday that falls on or around Halloween, then let us suggest some ideas on how to jazz up that October birthday with Halloween birthday party invitations when planning your ghoulish Halloween festivities.