What’s more fun than the planning of a baby shower? Planning a baby shower for twins, of course! While raising two babies at the same time may be double the work, planning a twin baby shower will be double the fun. We’ve put together our top twin baby shower ideas for throwing the perfect shower for you and your twosome.
Pick a Twin Baby Shower Theme
Putting together a twin baby shower gives you the unique opportunity to get extra creative with the baby shower theme. Having a theme is guaranteed to make the baby shower planning easier for everyone. The theme will help determine everything from the baby shower invitations, to the baby shower decorations, to the baby shower food, and more.
Check out the following list for baby shower theme inspiration:
- Food Themes like “Two Peas in a Pod” or “The Perfect Pear”
- “Monkey See, Monkey Do”
- “Thing One and Thing Two”
- “Double the Fun” (or “Double the Trouble”)
- “Woohoo it’s Two!”
- “Twice as Nice”
- “Double Stuffed”
Send Out Twin Baby Shower Invitations
Once you’ve selected your baby shower theme, it’s time to get to work. Sending out your baby shower invitations well in advance of the shower will help make sure all of your guests are able to attend. Ordering baby shower thank you cards at the same time as the invitations can also make it that much easier to follow up with your loved ones after the shower.
Make sure to include the day of the week, date, time and location of your shower. It’s helpful to clearly include an RSVP-by date and contact reference, in case your guests have any questions. You’ll also want to include links to your baby registry to help guests find the perfect gifts for your double bundle. Find more help crafting the perfect message with these baby shower invitation wording ideas.
Plan Twin Baby Shower Decorations
For many, planning the decorations is the most exciting part of planning a baby shower. The twin baby shower theme you choose can help determine the color scheme and some of the baby shower decorations.
- “Two Peas in a Pod” and “The Perfect Pear” – Various shades of green. These themes are ideal for mixed gender sets or even gender neutral parties.
- “Thing One and Thing Two” – Look for bold red, white and blue decorations to celebrate this homage to the Dr. Seuss classic.
- “Monkey See, Monkey Do” – Find jungle or tropical cutouts like leaves, flowers, and other plants. This theme works for all combinations of twins.
If you’re planning a party for two girls, a clever way to decorate could be half pink and half purple. You can even have sweet treats of the half-and-half variety, such as chocolate/vanilla cupcakes frosted with half pink and half purple. The same idea works for twin boys as well – pick two bold colors and let it be apparent that everything is now 50/50.
Pick Twin Baby Shower Games
It isn’t a baby shower without some fun games! A great budget-friendly place to gather supplies is your local dollar store. These baby shower games will be fun for all your guests:
- Twins Bingo – Instead of B-I-N-G-O across your playing card, write T-W-I-N-S. Fill in the squares below with combinations of “double trouble,” ”double blessing,” “two peas in a pod,” “dynamic duo,” “thing one,” “thing two” and other fun plays on twin-centric lingo.
- Twin Diaper Race – See how fast guests can put diapers on two dolls at a time—but with the caveat of only being able to use one hand.
- Noah’s Ark Memory Game – Animals went two-by-two on the ark, but can your shower guests remember who made the cut? Have your guests gather round a makeshift ark with plastic figurines. Make them close their eyes, then eliminate half the animals to see who can tell what animals are gone and which are still there.
- Baby Sock Pair Challenge – Fill a laundry basket with balled up socks and have a timed challenge to see who can match the most. (As a bonus, you can hang on to the socks for when your double bundle of joy comes along.)
Prepare Twin Baby Shower Food
Your twin baby shower is the perfect excuse to indulge in some of your favorite foods. Here are some twin baby shower food ideas:
- Double Stuffed Oreos
- Double Pigs in a Blanket
- Pairs of easy snacks (two kinds of pretzels or two colors of M&Ms)
- Half-and-half pizza is a clever spin on the twin theme and everyone loves pizza!
Planning a baby shower for twins is double the fun and the perfect opportunity to get your creative juices flowing. To plan a successful baby shower, just sit down and let the ideas flow. Don’t worry—with twice the inspiration, you’ll easily throw the perfect baby shower.