Last Updated: Dec 8, 2020
A new baby always brings so much joy and excitement to both the parents and those close to the parents-to-be. As the due date nears and your baby shower invitation arrives, you’ll need to start looking for the perfect gift and baby shower card to bring to the celebration. Peruse these baby shower messages to find the perfect things to say in baby shower cards.
To help you write some heartfelt words for the mom-to-be, we put together a list of some of our favorite baby shower messages. From baby shower wishes that will make mom giggle to inspiring quotes on what it’s like to be a new mother, you’re sure to find the right baby shower messages to add to your card. After you’ve crafted the perfect baby shower messages for baby shower invitations, keep reading below for some helpful tips on hosting a baby shower.
Traditional New Baby Messages
If the mom-to-be is expecting her first baby, add one of these traditional baby shower wishes to tug at her heartstrings. Add it to the card that will go along with her gift or use it to write a card for her well-wishes box.
- Congratulations on your new bundle of joy! Can’t wait to see their beautiful smile.
- May you have a safe delivery and a speedy recovery. Best wishes to your growing family.
- Many congrats to the new parents-to-be! Wishing you a lifetime of happiness with your new baby.
- Your baby will be so loved and cherished! Can’t wait to meet the little one.
- Wishing you lots of love and happiness to you and your little miracle.
- Congratulations on this new adventure! It’s sure to be a great one.
- May your journey be one filled with love, happiness, and adventure.
- Welcome to the world, little one! You’re already so loved.
- May your life as parents bring you many blessings and joy.
- Best wishes on the arrival of your first baby!
Funny Baby Shower Wishes
- Parenting: when hard labor and sleepless nights are paid in smiles.
- Life just got real! Buckle up, it’s sure to be a bumpy ride.
- I see scattered toys, tons of diapers, and sleepless nights in your future. Let the fun begin!
- The greatest gifts really do come in small packages. Congrats on your little one!
- Cheers to the new appreciation for the words “me time” you will soon have!
- Hope you enjoy your baby shower! It’s the last party you’ll be going to in a long time.
- Excited to see you’re having a baby, and even more that I’m not. I’ll drink to that!
- A baby makes love stronger, days shorter, savings smaller, and a home happier.
- Having a baby means you’ll finally feel excited about having your in-laws over.
- So you decided to have a baby? Great, can’t wait to meet your new master.
Baby Shower Wishes For Girls
- Can’t wait to meet your beautiful daughter and best wishes to you both.
- May your baby girl have your grace, beauty, and strength.
- A precious baby girl will fill your heart and home with love and joy.
- Can’t wait to see your baby girl’s smile. She’s going to be one lucky princess.
- Wishing you a safe delivery. Know that your baby girl is already so loved by many.
- Boss ladies raise boss babies. Can’t wait to see you be the most amazing mom to your baby girl.
- God bless you and your sweet baby girl.
- A baby girl is the world’s most beautiful miracle. Cherish every second of it and best wishes to you both.
- May your little warrior be as fierce and sassy as her mama.
- Your daughter will now hold your hearts for the rest of your life. I’m excited to see you be the most wonderful parents to your little angel.
Baby Shower Wishes For Boys
- We’re excited to meet your ray of sunshine. Best wishes on your baby boy’s arrival.
- Can’t wait to meet the new handsome man in your life. I’m sure he’s a keeper!
- Your little prince is so lucky to have you as parents. Wishing your family lots of happiness and health.
- I hope your baby boy’s life is filled with happiness, love and adventure.
- Oh boy! Let the adventure begin. Congrats on your little crusader.
- Sending lots of love to your little man. May he always be healthy and safe.
- Congrats on your new baby boy. With you as parents, he’s sure to be one handsome and kind little boy.
- Sorry dad, this little boy is about to steal mom’s heart.
- This baby boy is going to be the greatest blessing. Excited to see how much joy and laughter he’s sure to bring to your home.
- You’re having a boy! I’m sure it’ll be endless sticky fingers, plenty of cardio, and a home filled with laughter.
Baby Shower Quotes
- “And though she be but little, she is fierce.” –Shakespeare
- “A baby is as pure as an angel and as fresh as a blooming flower.” —Debasish Mridha
- “Making the decision to have a child––it’s momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking outside your body” —Elizabeth Stone
- “Every child born into the world is a new thought of God, an ever-fresh and radiant possibility.” —Kate Douglas Wiggin
- “Children reinvent your world for you.” —Susan Sarandon
- “A baby is something you carry inside you for nine months, in your arms for three years, and in your heart till the day you die.” —Mary Mason
- “A new baby is like the beginning of all things—wonder, hope, a dream of possibilities.” —Eda J. Le Shan
- “A baby is born with a need to be loved—and never outgrows it.” —Frank A. Clark
- “You know what the great thing about babies is? They are like little bundles of hope. Like the future in a basket.” —Lish McBride
- “If evolution really works, how come mothers only have two hands?” —Milton Berle
Messages For Their Second Baby
- You’re already such wonderful parents. Can’t wait to see you raise another amazing child.
- What could be more wonderful than having a baby? Having a second baby, congrats!
- Your family is about to get even more awesome! Can’t wait to meet your little one.
- Now that you’re pros, it’ll be easier, right? Congrats on your newest addition.
- You’re having a new baby? What’s wrong with the old one?
- Here comes more trouble! Excited to meet your newest little one.
- May you continue to raise wonderful children that fill your home with joy, fun, and laughter.
- Excited to see [NAME] become the most amazing brother/sister. Congratulations on your growing family.
- Can’t wait to witness the wonder that will come with your newest little one.
- So happy to know that there will be yet another mini you. I’m sure you’ll do just as good at raising your little bundle as the first time around.
Tips On Hosting A Baby Shower
If you’ll be hosting or helping out with any baby shower preparations, keep reading for some helpful tips. By following proper baby shower etiquette and these tips, you will help throw an unforgettable baby shower for the expecting parents.
Consult With The Mom-To-Be
The easiest way to plan a successful baby shower is to ask what the mom wants. If she doesn’t like being the center of attention, you might want to plan some non-traditional baby shower activities.
Register For Gifts
If you’re hosting a baby shower, make it easy for guests to get a gift both baby and mom actually need. Consult with the mom-to-be on whether she’d like to register herself or needs some help putting her list together.
Send Invites Early
Sending your invitations at the right time will give your guests enough time to plan and RSVP. This will also help you when booking your caterer and making party favors. We usually recommend mailing them four to six weeks before the baby shower.
Keep Food And Drinks Simple
A baby shower doesn’t have to be extravagant to be memorable. Find a few tasty yet simple food and drink options and put together a beautiful table setup or snack bar. For some budget-friendly decor, consider searching for a few baby shower printables.
Create A Checklist
Stay on track of all those small baby shower details by putting together a checklist. If you’re co-hosting, be sure to split up the tasks by category such as food and utensils, decorations, and party favors to make your party planning a breeze.
Ask For Help
Event planning is a lot of work so be sure to ask for help from close friends and family of the mom-to-be. Keep in mind that many items such as creating a guest list, choosing the theme, and writing thank you cards can be left to the future parents.
Choose The Right Date And Time
Baby showers are usually held during the day and weekends. If you’re on a tight budget, we recommend scheduling your baby shower outside of meal times. This way, people won’t be expecting a full meal and you can stick with small treats.
Baby showers are also held six to eight weeks before the baby is due. This will give the future parents plenty of time to decorate the nursery with their new gifts and start planning for their baby’s arrival.
Plan Fun Games And Activities
Nothing says baby shower like tons of fun baby games and activities. Consult with the mom-to-be on the type of activities she’d like to have and be sure to add them to the day’s itinerary.
Now that you’ve gathered some inspiration, you’re ready to wish the new parents all the joy in the world with their little one. For a unique baby shower gift, print one of these baby shower messages on a canvas to create beautiful hanging wall art for their baby’s nursery. It’s sure to make a gift they’ll treasure for years to come. Get started making personalized baby shower invitations.