What Should Celebrities Get in Their Christmas Stockings?
For many, stuffing the stockings is the best part of getting ready for Christmas. Whether it's finding perfectly-sized bath products or hunting down a rare type of candy, stockings are an opportunity to prove that it's the thought that counts. We've rounded up a selection of thoughtful stocking stuffers for a few of our favorite people — complete with personalized stockings.
1. Carl Sagan Necklace from Uncommon Goods: This simple necklace will inspire fans of the late Carl Sagan with one of the astronomer's great quotes: "Somewhere something incredible is waiting to be known." 2. Inversion Principle Red Gold Watch by Founderie 47: As Esquire's 2005 Best Dressed Man in the World, Pharrell is a style icon with a reputation to keep up. Not only will he appreciate the fine design of this watch, but the vision behind this product is perfect for Christmas: for every Fonderie 47 timepiece sold 1,000 assault rifles are destroyed in Africa. 3. Striped Socks by Paul Smith: These colorful striped socks give Pharrell a new way to showcase his quirky side. Now he can be stylish from head to toe. 4. Spock Business Card Holder from ThinkGeek: While he's admittedly only a passing Star Trek fan, Pharrell uses the Vulcan salute to signify the name of his record label Star Trak. 5. McIntosh MHP1000 Headphones: For a synaesthetic like Pharrell, it's impossible to put a price on sound quality. These high-end headphones deliver exceptional clarity for discerning audiophiles.
Pharrell Williams' Christmas Stocking: Fancy Forest
1. Chanel Rouge Allure Lip Color in Passion: Taylor's known for her signature red lip color. Keep it bold with Passion-colored lip colour from Chanel. 2. Rose Gold Heart Locket by Tiffany & Co.: Modern style meets vintage charm in this rose gold locket from Tiffany & Co. 3. Custom iPhone Case from Tiny Prints: It's no secret Taylor loves her kitty, Olivia Benson. She'll love this custom iPhone case just as much. 4. Bird Mohawk Monster Charm by Fendi: A little bit classy, a little bit rock-and-roll, this handbag charm contiues the whimiscal monster motif recently found on Fendi's handbags. 5. Season Tickets to the Knicks: A recent transplant to New York City, Taylor roots for the home team when it comes to basketball.
Taylor Swift's Christmas Stocking: Heartfelt Handwriting
1. Orlebar Brown Lightweight T-shirt: It's been six months since Pickwick and Weller closed up shop, taking with them Ashton's endless supply of free tees. This cotton t-shirt by Orlebar Brown is soft and oozes the laid-back style for which this star is known. 2. Deep Sleep Bath Oil from This Works: As any new dad can attest, sleep is a luxury. This relaxing bath oil makes every minute count by easing away the stress of the day. 3. Autographed Brian Urlacher Rookie Card: Ashton is a huge Bears fan. These rookie cards, autographed by Brian Urlacher, will look great next to his signed helmets. 4. Intocircuit Power Castle: Not only is it small enough to carry around, the Power Castle will give power-hungry smartphones enough juice to run for days. 5. Projecteo: Filled with photos of his newborn daughter or slides from a pending VC project, Projecto images look great on any surface and instantly stand out from the crowd.
Ashton Kutcher's Christmas Stocking: Delicate Quilting
1. Effervescence Black Pearl Bracelet by Links of London: This classic bracelet, from the same company that made her iconic pearl earrings, is elegant enough for a princess and casual enough for everyday wear. 2. Isidora Shawl by Temperley London: This luxurious shawl by Temperley London, one of Kate's favorite designers, will fit right in with the many navy outfits she's known for. 3. Lyra Candle by Kelly Hoppen: This exclusive Winter Spice scent from UK designer Kelly Hoppen blends sweet cinnamon and clove with a dash of orange. 4. Heaven's Bee Sting Facial Kit: The at-home version of Kate's favorite pre-event facial. 5. GoPro Hero4: The Duchess of Cambridge is quite the sportswoman. GoPro's newest camera is just the accessory for capturing holidays spent skiing and sailing.
Kate Middleton's Christmas Stocking: Snowflake Impression
Neil Patrick Harris
1. Custom Photo Mug: Neil Patrick Harris and his family are known for their fabulous Halloween costumes. A custom mug with photos from the most recent holiday would be a wonderful keepsake and a sweet tradition to carry on year after year. 2. Foundwell Vintage Gold Dice Cufflinks: NPH is a leading man with timeless style. What's more timeless than a pair of cufflinks? This set of gold dice give a nod to his inner magician. 3. In-N-Out Gift Card: Though Neil has become quite the foodie since marrying a chef in 2011, he confessed that In-N-Out Burgers are still one of his guilty pleasures. 4. Pocono Modern Playing Cards from Art of Play: Every magician needs a pack of playing cards. This mid-century inspired design features gorgeous geometric graphics and animals from the Pocono region, including a raccoon joker. 5. Striped Scarf by Paul Smith: A fan of designer Paul Smith, this striped scarf is great for chilly nights in New York.
Neil Patrick Harris' Christmas Stocking: Snowflake Impression
1. I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings Tee by Out of Print Clothing: A comfortable t-shirt that pays homage to one of Maya Angelou's most classic books is something a writer like Lena can appreciate. 2. Library Card Socks from Uncommon Goods: Perfect for writers and bibliophiles, these themed socks add an element of whimsy to Lena's stocking. 3. The Secret History of Wonder Woman by Jill Leprore: This cultural history of Wonder Woman that draws on interviews and research to reveal the pivotal role of feminism in shaping her seven-decade story. 4. Personalized Notebook: Make sure this writer is prepared to capture her thoughts whenever inspiration strikes. Pair a personalized notebook with a set of fine pens for extra flair. 5. Journal of the Month: Journal of the Month leads a curated exploration of the contemporary literary scene by sending members a different literary magazine every month.
Lena Dunham's Christmas Stocking: Striped Wonder
1. Knitting Needles: Ryan has said one of his favorite hobbies is knitting. A new set of bamboo needles will fit into his stocking perfectly. 2. Scorpion Temporary Tattoo: Give this star a chuckle with temporary tattoos that complement his current ink and remind him of his time on the set of "Drive." 3. Glosette Raisins: It's tough to move away from friends and family. These chocolate-covered raisins from Ryan's home country of Canada will be a welcome site. 4. Mickey Mouse Fabric ears: Give Ryan a blast from the past! These mouse ears are a playful reminder of his time as a member of the celebrity-laden Mickey Mouse Club. 5. The Incredible Jazz Guitar of Wes Montgomery CD: Once in a band as a jazz guitarist, Ryan will enjoy listening to this collection of one of world's best jazz guitarists, Wes Montgomery.
Ryan Gosling's Christmas Stocking: Beary Wonderful
1. Fitbit: Known for pushing health and fitness on the campaign trail, the Fitbit would make a great addition to the First Lady's busy and active lifestyle. 2. Upstairs at the White House: My Life With The First Ladies Book by Mary Lynn Kotz: This story details life as a Chief Usher at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue. Michelle will definitely appreciate a novel like this that connects so closely to her life. 3. Thank You Postcards: While it's no doubt the White House has special stationary for formal affairs, "Surrounding Thanks Paradise" from Tiny Prints is a casual print in postcard format — perfect for sending a heartfelt note of appreciation. 4. The Very Best of Nat King Cole CD: Barack and Michelle's first dance was to "Unforgettable" by Nat King Cole, so she'd probably enjoy a nostaligic collection of King Cole's best. 5. Oral-B Smart Toothbrush: Oral hygiene is an important part of overall health. This toothbrush — with timers, customized modes, and more — offers detailed feedback for optimal brushing, plus it's fun.
Michelle Obama's Christmas Stocking: Cherished Holly
1. Dallas Cowboys Playoff Tickets: A well-known Cowboys fan, give Lebron a chance to root for his team at the playoffs. 2. Drew Carey Show DVD: Everybody knows, Drew and Lebron agree — "Cleveland Rocks". 3. SpongeBob Sun-Stache: Lebron loves SpongeBob. Add a comedic element to his stocking with a pair of SpongeBob themed-sunglasses. 4&5. Twizzlers and Skittles: No stocking is complete without candy. These fruity treats are two of the basketball star's favorites.
Lebron James' Christmas Stocking: Winter Spotlight
1. Birchbox: As the former face of Shoe Dazzle, Kim is no stranger to the joys of subscription shopping. Give her a year of delightful surprises with Birchbox. 2. Krispy Kreme Donuts: Reportedly, donuts are this celeb's favorite junk food. Give her permission to indulge with a gift card to Krispy Kreme. 3. Personalized Ornament: Ornaments are a beautiful way to celebrate life's big events. Commemorate 2014 with a photo of Kim's marriage to Kanye West. 4. Narcis Stick: When she needs a little more than arm's length to take the perfect selfie, this monopod with built-in Bluetooth will help Kim get the shot. 5. 18k Hashtag Ring by Khai Khai: Famous for the recent #BreakTheInternet campaign, this shiny piece of bling emphasizes Kim's place as a social media superstar.
Kim Kardashian's Christmas Stocking: Loving Ombre