Last Updated: Oct 25, 2018
Christmas cards are a beautiful way to send joy and wishes to family and friends during the holiday. Christmas is not only about presents under the tree, but for some, it is also about the birth of Christ. Because of this, you may choose to include a bible verse in your Christmas card to honor him. Find Christmas bible verse card ideas to include in your Christmas card this upcoming season.
Jump to a specific section to answer your question:
- How to Incorporate Bible Verses into Christmas Cards
- Christmas Bible Verses from the Old Testament
- Christmas Bible Verses from the Gospel
- Christmas Bible Verses from the Epistles
- General Religious Christmas Messages
For those of you who want to include a bible verse in your Christmas card, you may be wondering where to place it. Typically, the verse is in a larger print than the rest of the card and is somewhat centered. Make sure to include the verse number and then sign who the card is coming from.
You can choose to be more traditional with the card and include a picture of the family on the card. If you don’t want to do that, consider choosing a design that embellishes the card. A design with angels or a star on it would be the perfect option. Choose luxe cards with designs like foil to add a nice touch to your Christmas sentiments.
- For to us a child is born, to us a son is given; and the government shall be upon his shoulder, and his name shall be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. Isaiah 9:6
- Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign. Behold, the virgin shall conceive and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel. Isaiah 7:14
- Rejoice greatly, Daughter Zion! Shout, Daughter Jerusalem! See, your king comes to you, righteous and victorious, lowly and riding on a donkey, on a colt, the foal of a donkey. Zechariah 9:9
Bible Verses From the Book of Matthew
- When they saw the star, they rejoiced with exceeding great joy. Matthew 2:1
- And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus: for he shall save his people from their sins. Matthew 1:21
- Let your light shine before others. Matthew 5:16
- Behold, the virgin shall conceive and bear a son, and they shall call his name Immanuel. Matthew 1:23
- Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called the children of God. Matthew 5:9
Bible Verses From the Book of Mark
- A voice of one calling in the wilderness, “Prepare the way for the Lord, make straight paths for him.” Mark 1:3
- He said to them “Go into all other world and preach the gospel to all creation.” Mark 16:15
- Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength. Mark 12:30
Bible Verses From the Book of Luke
- Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men. Luke 2:14
- And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tiding of great joy, which shall be to all people. Luke 2:10
- But the angel said to them, “Do not be afraid. I bring you good news that will cause great joy for all the people.” Luke 2:10
- For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord. Luke 2:11
- And this will be a sign for you: you will find a baby wrapped in swaddling cloths and lying in a manger. Luke 2:12
Bible Verses From the Book of John
- For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16
- The word gave life to everything that was created, and his life brought light to everyone. John 1:4
- And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. 1 John 5:11
- I have come into the world as light so that no one who believes in me need remain in the dark. John 12:46
- Thanks be unto God for his unspeakable gift. 2 Corinthians 9:15
- Love each other with genuine affection, and take delight in honoring each other. Romans 12:10
- For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6:23
- May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope. Romans 15:13
- Merry Christmas and may God bless you and your family this season.
- May you have the gift of faith, the blessing of hope, and the peace of His love.
- Let the spirit of love gently fill out hearts and homes. In this loveliest of seasons may you find many reasons for happiness and laughter.
- May this year, you come even closer to God. Merry Christmas to your family and God bless.
- A silent night, a star above, a blessed gift of hope and love, a blessed Christmas to you.
- The best gifts in life will never be found under the Christmas tree. The best gifts in life are friends, family, kids, and the one you love.
- Bless us Lord, this Christmas, with endless love and patience. Teach us to always be kind and bless our family and friends.
- Christmas isn’t about opening our presents. It is about opening our hearts to Christ’s love. Merry Christmas to you and your family.
- May His love surround you this coming year and always. Merry Christmas from my family to yours.
Including a bible verse in your Christmas card is a nice way to add your own personal touch to your cards this year. Find the one that is right for you and add it to your Christmas card. This is not only a unique way to make your Christmas card stand out, but it also shows off what is most important to you. Personalize your Christmas card to fit your needs with designs that compliment the verse. Now, you have a card that is perfect for sending to friends and family that you love.