Last Updated: Dec 11, 2018
The holidays are fast approaching and it’s time to send out your seasons greetings to friends, family, and more. But with the busyness of all the holiday happenings in your life, greeting cards may feel like added stress. If you’re struggling to find the right sentiment for your seasonal messages, we’ve made it easy. Browse our guide on holiday card messages and wishes to find the perfect saying for your loved ones.
- What To Write In A Holiday Card
- Happy Holiday Card Messages
- Family Holiday Card Messages
- Business Holiday Card Messages
- Seasons Greetings Messages
- Holiday Wishes
- Perfect Holiday Quotes And Holiday Sayings
- Holiday Card Templates And Holiday Card Message Examples
- Extra Holiday Card Resources
Holiday cards are usually made up of the following parts: An introduction, holiday sentiment or message, a personal note, and a sign off with a signature. Additionally, many people choose to include a photo of them and their family in the card design itself. These photo cards are perfect for displaying and saving for years later look back on. If you’re looking for more details on what to include in your cards, we’ve broken down the sections below.
Address the recipient by the title or name they would like to go by. If it’s a more professional relationship use the proper pronouns such as Mr., Mrs., Ms., or Dr. If the relationship is more personal, such as a family member or close friend, you can address them by the name they usually go by.
Holiday Card Sentiments or Wishes
A holiday sentiment is a vital part of any greeting card that expresses your season greetings. Make sure you take the time to pick one that matches your holiday spirit and is also appropriate for the recipient. For examples and inspiration, see our resource sections below.
Add a personal touch to your holiday cards. Make sure to include a message to the recipient that touches upon something they’re currently doing or an experience shared together. This makes the holiday greeting feel more special.
Sign Off and Signature
A sign off includes a final personal touch before ending the letter. Sign offs for family or close friends include options like “much love,” “hugs and kisses,” and “yours truly.” Sentiments for professional relationships include “all the best,” “sincerely,” and “signed.” Holiday sign offs include messages like “happy holidays,” “enjoy the holidays,” and “happy new year.”
These “Happy Holiday” themed messages are the perfect basic building blocks for your holiday cards.
- Happy Holidays and a Festive New Year to you and your family.
- All the best to everyone this Holiday Season!
- May everything on your wishlist come true. Happy Holidays!
- Here’s to a wonderful Holiday season and a Happy New Year!
- May the new year bring new hopes and joys. Have a wonderful New Year and happy holidays.
- Happy Holidays. Wishing you every happiness this holiday season and throughout the coming year.
- May this holiday season be full of surprises and cheers, simply because you deserve the best. Happy Holidays.
- Happy Holidays. Thinking of you this time of year!
Make your holiday messages extra special for loved ones with these handpicked messages, tailor-fit for friends and family.
- Wish we could see all of you this holiday season! All the best for the New Year!
- You’re all so important to us. Stay safe and stay happy this holiday season!
- May the Holiday season fill your home with joy, your heart with love, and your life with laughter.
- I’m so grateful to have you in my life. Happy holidays and enjoy the New Year!
- Whatever is beautiful, whatever is meaningful, whatever brings you happiness. May it be yours this holiday season and throughout the coming year.
- Love always, smile often, and good things will always come to you. Seasonal greetings!
- Holidays are the time for for family, and I’m so lucky to be able to share them with you.
- What a special time of year, and what a special family I have with you.
You’ll spend many days out of the year with your coworkers or employees, so make sure you show them your appreciation. Acknowledge their hard work with the following messaging ideas.
Holiday Card Messages For Employees
- May your holidays be fun-filled and may you come back rested, refreshed, and healthy. Happy holidays.
- Holiday greetings and best wishes for a happy and healthy New Year.
- As the holiday season approaches, we want to thank you for your efforts. People like you are the gem of this organization. Season’s Greetings!
- Thank you for all your hard work, dedication, and positivity that helped carry us through this year. Happy Holidays!
- You’ve done an amazing job this year, and we’re so grateful to have you on our team. Now enjoy your rest time and the holidays! You deserve it!
Corporate Holiday Card Messages
- Wishing you a fantastic holiday and a prosperous New Year.
- In warm appreciation of our association during the past year, we extend our very best wishes for a happy holiday season.
- We are grateful to those who showed immense hard work and dedication in shaping our business this year. Enjoy the holiday!
- Enjoy the holiday season with your loved ones and have a successful year ahead.
- With the year almost over, we want to thank those who got us to where we are. Happy Holidays and a very Happy New Year.
Business Holiday Card Messages For Clients
- We extend our warmest wishes for the Holiday Season to our clients and friends who have made our progress possible.
- The seasons greetings are for the people who helped reach us where we stand today. Cheers to all and wishing you very joyful holidays.
- Thank you all for your continued support and partnership. Looking forward to great business years ahead. Till then, enjoy and have fun! Happy Holidays!
- Happy Holidays! Thank you for your partnership this year and in the time to come.
- Now is the time of year to celebrate friendships and valued partnerships. Thank you for your continued support, and enjoy your holidays!
The “seasons greetings” sentiment is a classic for a reason. Take your pick of this message with the ideas below.
- May this season bring joy, love, and blessings to you and your family.
- Sending seasons greetings to you and your family. Enjoy this special time with your loved ones!
- May the new season usher in lots of happiness for you and your family.
- Seasons greetings! It’s friends like you that make the holidays so special and magical.
- Seasons greetings to you and your family ad you enjoy this festive time together.
- Seasons greetings from the family! Hope you all end the year on a bright note.
- Seasons greetings to you and yours from me and mine.
Want to wish someone special a special message to match? We’ve collected some ideas that should do the trick.
- Best wishes for Happy Holidays and a wonderful New Year.
- Warmest greetings of this festive season and best wishes for happiness this New Year.
- Wishing you a magical and blissful holiday!
- Wishing you and your family lots of good health, tons of happiness and plenty of prosperity in the year ahead. Happy New Year!
- Wishing you a beautiful Holiday Season and a year of good health, happiness and prosperity.
- Warmest greetings of the season and many good wishes for the New Year.
- Wishing you and your loved ones a special time of year together.
- Warm wishes and holiday greetings to you this festive season.
Take your pick of the following holiday related quotes to include in your card.
- “Peace, love, health and happiness to all.” -Unknown
- “Holidays – any holiday – are such a great opportunity to focus on bringing the family together.” -Lidia Bastianich
- “May your walls know joy, may every room hold laughter, and every window open to great possibility.” -Mary Anne Radmacher
- “The joy of brightening other lives, bearing each others’ burdens, easing others’ loads and supplanting empty hearts and lives with generous gifts becomes for us the magic of the holidays.” -W. C. Jones
- “It is tenderness for the past, courage for the present, hope for the future. It is a fervent wish that every cup may overflow with blessings rich and eternal, and that every path may lead to peace.” -Agnes M. Pharo
Samples are a great way to make sure that your holiday card messages cover everything you want them to. Explore our three holiday card templates below as examples for your own writing.
Holiday Card Sample #1: Holiday Quote
In the words of Lidia Bastianich, “Holidays – any holiday – are such a great opportunity to focus on bringing the family together.” I hope that you’re able to take time to spend the season with your loved ones, as I know you’ve been extra busy this year!
All the best,
Holiday Card Sample #2: Family Greeting
Dear Mom & Dad,
I was just thinking about that special christmas when I was 10 that we were able to spend together in the snow. Such special memories. I’m so grateful to have you in my life. Happy holidays and enjoy the New Year!
All my love,
Holiday Card Sample #2: Employee Greeting
Dear Mr. Garrett,
As the holiday season approaches, we want to thank you for your efforts. We especially appreciated the extra hours you put in last month. People like you are the gem of this organization. Seasons Greetings!
-Danielle Keating, CEO
If you’re still looking for extra holiday or Christmas related resources, we have you covered. Check out our Christmas card messages or our piece on how to write a Christmas card if you need more help with your holiday cards. Or, if you’re planning a holiday party, check out our Christmas party ideas.