Last Updated: May 10, 2022
Gratitude is one of the most important things in the world. In the words of John F. Kennedy, “We must find time to stop and thank the people who make a difference in our lives.” However, sometimes it can be difficult to find the perfect words to express that gratitude. How do you say a proper thank you to someone who helped support you through hard times or gave you an incredible gift? To help, we’ve collected a list of our favorite inspirational gratitude quotes that express everything you’ve wanted to say. These quotes are perfect for a normal thank you card as well as sending to your loved ones for the Thanksgiving holiday. So if you’re looking for the perfect quotes to fill your special thank you cards, we have you covered.
Whether you’re in need of thank you quotes for him or for her, or looking to show your utmost appreciation to someone who was their for you during a time when you needed someone the most, look no further. Our list below is comprised of just the right sayings from various authors to suit any kind of circumstance or occasion. Therefore, you can rest assured that no matter how you say thanks whether it be with a heartwarming card or special one-of-a-kind gift, the recipient will be sure to feel the love and recognize your thoughtfulness in return.
- Thank You Quotes For Cards
- Thank You Quotes For Him
- Thank You Quotes For Her
- Thank You For Your Support Quotes
- Give Thanks Quotes
Expressing your gratitude to someone is a great way to show them how much they mean to you. No matter how big or how small the gesture is, it’s always nice to give thanks and be thanked to feel a connection with someone. Whether you’re in need of a saying to show your appreciation to a close friend or a family member who has always been there for you through thick and thin, these heartwarming thank you quotes make perfect introductions for any thank you card and can be used with any audience. Pick your favorite quote and use it to inspire the rest of your personalized thank you card message.
- “I couldn’t find a card that expressed my gratitude the way I wanted. I need a card that gives you a big hug.” – Unknown
- “Friends like you make life’s challenging moments more bearable. Thanks for being you.” – Catherine Pulsifer
- “A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out.” – Walter Winchell
- “When I count my blessings, I count you twice.” – Unknown
- “Every life is a story, thank you for being part of my story.” – Unknown
- “There’s no possible way, I could ever repay, How I wish, there were more I could do, But, I thank you my friend, my friend to the end.” – Jim Thistle
- “A special thank you from my heart, to a person so special in my life. To a person who means a lot. A special thank you from me to you, for making life feel like new. A very big thank you!” – Unknown
Thanksgiving is one of the best times to express your thankfulness and gratitude to those you are thankful for. While gathered around the dining room table exchanging stories, it’s important to express how much the people that surround you mean to you. Thanksgiving is not only about the amazing food served, but the happiness that is spread throughout the day and the celebration of thanks throughout. It starts the holiday season off with reevaluating what we are really thankful for and how we can express our thanks for other people. Use these quotes to express gratitude to the people you are grateful for in your thank you cards.
- “The thankful heart opens our eyes to a multitude of blessings that continually surround us” – James E. Faust
- “Thanksgiving is a time of togetherness and gratitude” – Nigel Hamilton
- “What if today, we were just grateful for everything” – Charlie Brown
- “In November, people are good to each other. They carry pies to each other’s homes and talk by crackling woodstoves, sipping mellow cider. They travel very far on a special November day just to share a meal with one another and to give thanks for their many blessings.” – Cynthia Rylant
- “Let gratitude be the pillow upon which you kneel to say your nightly prayer. And let faith be the bridge you build to overcome evil and welcome good.” – Maya Angelou
- “Let us be grateful to the people who make us happy. They are the charming gardeners who make our soul blossom.” – Marcel Proust
- “At some point in life the world’s beauty becomes enough. You don’t need to photograph, paint, or even remember it. It is enough” – Toni Morrison
- “Thanksgiving, after all, is a word of action.” – W. J. Cameron
When you want to thank that special guy in your life for being there for you, you want to find just the right words to say. It could be for something big, like when he recently helped you through a difficult time in your life. Or it could just be a simple expression of gratitude for the coffee he dropped off when you were feeling tired and run-down. Whether you’re thanking your husband, your significant other, or brother, a special thank you can really help to brighten their day. No matter the reason, we have the perfect quote that will help express a sincere thank you to show him just how much he means to you.
- “I’m glad I have you for the rest of my life as a best friend, lover, and fellow adventurer. Thank you for constantly supporting me, forgiving me, loving me, making me laugh, and challenging me to be a better person.” – Raquel Martin
- “This is a thank you for every hour we have spent together, for every kiss, for every embrace and for every tear shed for one another.” – Unknown
- “Thank you for always being my rainbow after the storm.” – Unknown
- “Thank you, my love, for always making me feel like the most beautiful woman in the world.” – Unknown
- “Thank you for always making life easier for me. You are my world. I love you!”
- “Thank you for making me feel comfortable not only when I need it most, but every day. How lucky I am to be with someone like you.” – Unknown
- “My dear love, I’m so grateful you’re in my life. Thank you for being my best friend, and for being a caring and trustworthy partner!” – Unknown
- “My life is so blessed with some of the most amazing people. Thank you for being part of my journey.” – Unknown
Whether you want to thank your mom for always having her shoulder ready for you to lean on, your sister for being your very best friend, your grandmother for helping you through life’s hurdles, or for just being their wonderful selves, we’ve got you covered. If you’re looking for the right words to say how lost you would be without them or thanking them for accepting who you are as a person, choose from one or more of our thoughtful quotes below. Write it on one of our beautiful floral or watercolor thinking of you stationery designs to warm her heart and bring a smile to her face.
- “You changed my life without even trying, and I don’t think I could ever tell you how much you mean to me. I can’t imagine what things would be like if I hadn’t met you.” – Steve Maraboli
- “You could’ve had anyone in the world, but you chose me. Thank you.” – Anthony T. Hincks
- “Thank you for being my GPS. I’d be lost without you.” – Unknown
- “Thank you. You accepted me for who I am; not who you wanted me to be.” – Unknown
- “Thanks so much for being there on my side and supporting me all through. Without you my life would have been incomplete.” – Unknown
- “Thank you for being so generous thoughtful and so true. And thank you most of all for just being you.” – Unknown
- “Thank you for being the reason I smile.” – Unknown
Saying thank you to someone especially if you’re going through a difficult time in your life is never the easiest thing to do. Maybe a friend or loved one recently supported you through a tough time or situation such as the loss of a family member or pet, or going through a hard break up with a significant other. If so, it’s important to let them know what it meant to you for them being by your side when you needed it most. Compose a heartfelt hand-written letter using our personalized stationery to express your gratitude. Choose from one of our classic or modern styled designs.
- “None of us got to where we are alone. Whether the assistance we received was obvious or subtle, acknowledging someone’s help is a big part of understanding the importance of saying thank you.” – Harvey Mackay
- “Thank you for accepting me as I am, with my virtues and defects.” – Jenni Rivera
- “There are no words that can express my thanks for you. If words could be hugs I would send you pages.” – Unknown
- “Someday I will give back what you have given me. Thank You.” – Unknown
- “If the world had more people like you it would be a better place. You do make a difference.” – Catherine Pulsifer
- “You have influenced my life in such a positive way words cannot express my appreciation, you are truly an inspiration.” – Catherine Pulsifer
- “From the bottom of my heart, I thank you, and appreciate all you have done. Your generosity has given me new hope!” – Catherine Pulsifer
- “There are many things which I am thankful in my life, and you are at the top of the list.” – Unknown
- “Having you in my life fills me with thanksgiving and gratitude that you are always there. Thank you for your support and belief in me.” – Unknown
- “Your guidance and patience no matter what I was doing has helped develop me into the person I am today, thank you!” – Catherine Pulsifer
Regardless of who you’re thanking and what for, practicing gratitude and gratefulness every day is important life skill to have to show those around you that you care and appreciate them for everything they do. Whether a close friend or family member helps you when you’re experiencing a difficult time in your life or someone loans you money when you’re short a few dollars, saying thank you is one of the best ways to make someone feel good. Pick one or more of your favorite quotes that speak to you and you think would suit the person you’re thanking, and share it with a friend, or sibling to spread joy.
- “If the only prayer you ever say in your entire life is thank you, it will be enough.” – Meister Eckhart
- “Thank you for life, and all the little ups and downs that make it worth living.” – Travis Barker
- “Make it a habit to tell people thank you. To express your appreciation, sincerely and without the expectation of anything in return. Truly appreciate those around you, and you’ll soon find many others around you. Truly appreciate life, and you’ll find that you have more of it.” – Ralph Marston
- “Take time to be kind and to say ‘thank you.’” – Zig Ziglar
- “When we start paying attention to the services we receive, stop and really see the person who is doing it and take the time to say thank you, our entire day will change.” – Brenda Shoshanna
- “From young to old, there are two words that carry a person forth in grace and honor; please and thank you.” – Byron Pulsifer
- “Let me always count my blessings. To be thankful for my family and friends. To be thankful for the simple things that life has to offer.” – Catherine Pulsifer
- “In the end, maybe we must all give up trying to pay back the people in this world who sustain our lives. In the end, maybe it’s wiser to surrender before the miraculous scope of human generosity and to just keep saying thank you, forever and sincerely, for as long as we have voices.” – Elizabeth Gilbert
Resources Related to Thank You Quotes
When you’re looking for different ways to say thank you and share your gratitude, borrow from this list of thank you quotes from great minds. From funny thank you quotes to thoughtful thank you quotes, these expressions of appreciation hit the right note. Whether you’re looking for thank you quotes for him or her, our thank you cards help you express the right message for every kind of occasion and gift each time. Explore these additional resources for more on thank you quotes: