Top Mothers Day Outdoor Activities
Some moms have always preferred the outdoors and always will, if your mom is one of those moms then why not make her day a happy Mothers Day by surprising her with a Mothers Day card and choosing to spend time with her outdoors with one or more Mothers Day activities. Stumped for ideas? Tiny Prints has pulled together a few of the top Mothers Day activities for you to gather ideas from:
- Picnic: Pack a basket and head out to a green and grassy park. Spreading a checkered blanket will not only keep your food safe from dirt and bits of grass but will also be a great place for you and your mom to sit and talk or even snooze in the sun.
- Water balloon fight: Give your mom a bag of water balloons and then invite her to a water balloon fight! Be sure to bring towels and dress appropriately.
- Fruit picking: Find a local orchard whose fruit is in season and steal your mom for an afternoon of fruit picking! While filling your baskets be sure to eat a few pieces of fruit yourself.
- Hiking: Take your mom into the wilderness for a day of hiking. Bring a few bottles of water and a map in case you get lost and don't forget the sunscreen and mosquito repellent.
- Photo scavenger hunt: Pull a list of photo scavenger hunt items off the internet and then head out into the city with your mom and camera to find them! Often you will find yourself in parts of your city you have never heard of or visited.
- Camping: If your mom really loves the outdoors then pull the tent out of storage and go camping with her for the weekend— even if it's only in your backyard.
These are just a few of hundreds of Mothers Day activities from which you can choose and don't feel that you have to choose just one. Many of these activities can be done together or planned all in one day for a guaranteed happy Mothers Day.