Top 5 Fathers Day Gift IdeasDo you find it hard to shop for Fathers Day gifts? Dads don't always tell us what they want, and men can be notoriously hard to shop for. But there are a few Fathers Day gifts that are sure to please almost any dad.
- If you give him nothing else, make sure Dad gets a card. Fathers Day cards may seem like a small token of your affection, but the love and sentiment you put in that card will mean the world to him.
- Consider tickets to your dad's favorite sporting event. Whether he likes hockey, follows a local basketball team or enjoys NASCAR, you can usually buy tickets for most types of sports this time of year. Get him a pair of tickets for a single event, or splurge with season passes for his favorite team.
- Don't be afraid to buy him clothes -- dads like to look good, too! Get him a new golf shirt, that pair of athletic shoes he's had his eye on, or yes, even a tie if he wears them to work everyday.
- Most dads are just big boys. They still like toys! Get him something cool, like a remote control helicopter, a portable gaming device or an intricate model car kit. These fun gifts are the kind of thing that he would probably never buy for himself, but that he'd love to have.
- Gift certificates make a great Fathers Day gift. Just make sure to personalize the card by matching it to your dad's interests. Whether he likes electronics or grilling or gardening, there's a specialty store just full of items he'll love. With a gift certificate, you can show that you know what he likes, but still let him pick out exactly what he wants.
There are as many fun and unique options for Fathers Day gifts as there are dads. But it really is true -- it's the thought that counts!