50 Valentine's Day Messages to Write in a Card
If you've picked out your Valentine's Day cards, but aren't sure what to write inside, look no further for inspiration and ideas. This list includes a variety of perfect Valentine's Day messages to write in your card, from playful to sentimental, for everyone you love in your life. No matter what you want to say to your better half, your best friend, or your closest family members, use this guide to make Valentine's Day cards that are truly one-of-a-kind.
Romantic Valentine's Day Messages
With these romantic messages, love is sure to be in the air this Valentine's Day. Show your sweetheart how much you care with one of these ideas.
- "I love you, with my whole heart, forever."
- "Happy Valentine's Day to my one and only sweetheart."
- "This may be our 10th Valentine's Day together, but I still love you as much as I did on our first."
- "Thank you for being you—and for being mine all these years! I'd do it again in a heartbeat."
- "Happy Valentine's Day to the love of my life."
- "I couldn't ask for a better husband/wife than you. Thank you for being my Valentine."
- "Thank you for showing me every day what true love is all about."
- "You bring so much joy and love to my life. Happy Valentine's Day to the best husband/wife one could ask for."
- "I hope this Valentine's Day is the first of many we share together."
- "Wishing the sweetest Valentine's Day to my forever love."
- "Today and every day, you take my breath away. Happy Valentine's Day."
- "I am so grateful to have you in my life."
- "No matter how far away you may be, my love for you is always strong."
- "I love you more today than I did yesterday—and I will love you even more tomorrow."
Short & Sweet Valentine's Day Messages
You can't go wrong with the simple classics. If you're not one for long-winded love letters, one of these short messages will pack a sweet punch.
- "Happy Valentine's Day, beautiful/handsome."
- "My heart is yours forever."
- "I'm so happy you're my Valentine."
- "You mean the world to me."
- "I love you so."
- "You are my soul mate—my one and only."
- "I love you, always and forever."
- "I hope your Valentine's Day is extra sweet."
Playful & Silly Valentine's Day Messages
Perfect for fun-loving spouses, best friends or family members, these silly sayings are a great way to add a lighthearted (or even cheesy) touch to your Valentine's Day cards.
- "Are you a banana? Because I find you a-peel-ing."
- "You're lucky to have me (and vice versa)."
- "Happy Valentine's Day to the one person who's as weird as me."
- "You're the peanut butter to my jelly."
- "Happy Valentine's Day... Now hand over the chocolate!"
- "Since I don't have a boyfriend, I guess you're stuck being my Valentine!"
- "Nobody gets me like you do!"
- "Happy Valentine's Day! Let's get our cuddle on."
- "I love you like the last slice of pizza."
Popular Quotes About Love
Sometimes, it's hard to find the words to express what you feel for a loved one. Maybe these quotes from famous love-struck people will give you some inspiration. Use their words to say what you want to say, or use them as an accent to your own personalized Valentine's Day message.
- "If I know what love is, it is because of you." - Herman Hesse
- "It was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul." - Judy Garland
- "Yours are the sweetest eyes I've ever seen." - Elton John
- "I fell in love the way you fall asleep: slowly, and then all at one." - John Green
- "When I saw you, I fell in love, and you smiled because you knew." - William Shakespeare
- "No matter what you think you mean to me, you will always mean more." - Unknown
- "Love recognizes no barriers. It jumps hurdles, leaps fences, penetrates walls to arrive at its destination full of hope." - Maya Angelou
- "There is no remedy for love but to love more." - Henry David Thoreau
Valentine's Card Closings
Don't forget to close your Valentine's Day card in a sweet, romantic way. Here are a handful of lovely ways to sign off:
- "With all my love,"
- "Forever yours,"
- "Forever and always,"
- "Lots of love,"
- "Hugs and kisses,"
- "Love you so much,"
- "Love and miss you,"
Each of these ideas, from the playful puns to the tear-jerking quotes about love, will make Valentine's Day a special time for those you love. No matter how you phrase your Valentine's Day card, your sentiment is sure to leave your loved ones smiling.
This Valentine's Day, send out little extra love to everyone you care about with a little help from Tiny Prints. Tiny Prints has a variety of beautiful Valentine's Day cards that you can easily customize to make uniquely yours.