What To Write in a Christmas Card
You've gathered all of the important supplies: the cards, envelopes, stamps, and your favorite pen. "Deck the Halls" is playing on the stereo, the eggnog is poured, and the fireplace is crackling. Everything is ready for the very merry task of sending out season's greetings. If only you could think of what to write in a Christmas card!
Christmas is traditionally a season dedicated to wishing joy and love for close friends and families. Christmas cards are the perfect method in accomplishing this tradition across generations. Your loved ones, close friends, and associates will feel appreciated when they open your card and read your warm wishes. However, writer’s block can easily kick in after you’ve wrapped twenty presents and survived the early onset of shopping and family plans. So, to inspire your inner Robert Frost, we have collated some eloquent verses and quotes perfect for Christmas cards, photo cards, and family newsletters.
From religious to endearing to humorous messages, these Christmas wishes are sure to kindle warmth in the hearts of your friends and family:
Sign up for emails and get
20% OFF + FREE SHIPPING
along with updates on new designs
and exclusive sales.
Christmas quotes are perfect to use when you want to write a symbolic message or metaphor in your card from one of your favorite authors or figures. Quotes are a great way to express your Christmas spirit while leaving interpretation open to the reader.
- Christmas waves a magic wand over this world, and behold, everything is softer and more beautiful. - Norman Vincent Peale
- I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year. - Charles Dickens
- Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmas-time. - Laura Ingalls Wilder
- "'Maybe Christmas', he thought, 'doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas ... perhaps ... means a little bit more!'" - Dr. Seuss
- At Christmas, all roads lead home. - Marjorie Holmes
- Gifts of time and love are surely the basic ingredients of a truly merry Christmas. - Peg Bracken
- Christmas Eve was a night of song that wrapped itself about you like a shawl. But it warmed more than your body. It warmed your heart...filled it, too, with a melody that would last forever. - Bess Streeter Aldrich
- Christmas ... is not an eternal event at all, but a piece of one's home that one carries in one's heart. - Freya Stark
- From Home to home, and heart to heart, from one place to another. The warmth and joy of Christmas, brings us closer to each other. - Emily Matthews
- For the spirit of Christmas fulfils the greatest hunger of mankind. -Loring A. Schuler
- There has been only one Christmas - the rest are anniversaries. - W.J. Cameron
Short & Simple
The Christmas season can get hectic and often times a short Christmas saying can be just as effective as a long message. You should use a variety of short sayings when you're writing a large amount of Christmas cards by hand. This will save you plenty of time.
- Merry Christmas with all the trimmings!
- Wishing you lots of love, joy and happiness. Merry Christmas!
- Have a magical holiday season.
- Decorate your Christmas with joy!
- God bless us, everyone!
- Wishing you all the joy, hope and wonder of Christmas!
- Blessings, love, and peace to you this Christmas.
- May peace, love and prosperity follow you always.
- Peace on Earth!
- Making Spirits Bright
- Glad Tidings for Christmas and a Happy New Year!
- Joy & Peace
Religious Christmas Card Sayings
Religious sayings should be used when you want to remind family and friends of the true meaning behind Christmas. Bible verses that detail the religious significance of the Christmas season along with cunning sayings will help you spread the message.
- For unto us a child is born...- Isaiah 9:6
- May God bless your home with peace, joy and love. Have a merry Christmas!
- Remember that the reason for the season is the reason all the time. Merry Christmas!
- I hope that our Lord's love is spread upon the world this Christmas.
- May you feel the love of Christ this Christmas!
- Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is Christ the Lord. - Luke 2:11
- The most important part about Christmas is the first six letters!
- May the Good Lord fulfill you with His promises and bestow on you His many blessings.
- May Peace be your gift at Christmas and your blessing all year through!
- And the angel said to her, "Do not be afraid, Mary, for you have found favor with God. And behold, you will conceive in your womb and bear a son, and you shall call his name Jesus." - Luke 1:30-31
Tidings of Good Cheer
Tidings of good cheer are perfect to write in a Christmas card when you want to send wishes off to the recipient. These sayings are also useful if you want to incorporate popular holiday details and activities that encourage recipients to partake in Christmas festivities and cheer.
- May the good times and treasures of the present become the golden memories of tomorrow.
- I'm glad to have people like you in my life to send Christmas cards. I am truly blessed this Christmas!
- It's the time of eggnog, candles, cakes, songs, reindeer, carols, laughter — and most importantly LOVE. Merry Christmas.
- Let the spirit of love gently fill our hearts and homes. In this loveliest of seasons may you find many reasons for happiness.
- Hot chocolate, presents, candy canes, and family are the things that make Christmas such as special time. Merry Christmas!
- As you become busy with the holiday festivities, take time to enjoy those things that are most important.
- The Magic of Christmas never ends and its greatest of gifts are family and friends.
- Wishing you a Merry Christmas touched with wonder and filled with love.
- Have yourself a merry little Christmas, let your heart be light.
- Wishing you all the Hope, Wonder, and Joy that the season can bring!
Lots of Laughter
Funny Christmas card sayings are an easy and hilarious way to make your close friends laugh once they open your card. You should use funny Christmas card sayings when you're sending cards to your close friends or loved ones who fully engage in your sense of humor!
- Christmas is a Claus for celebration.
- Why are Dasher and Dancer always taking coffee breaks? Because they are Santa's star bucks.
- Christmas calories don't count!
- Is it too late to be good?
- Don't try to borrow any money from elves; they're always a little short! Have a Merry Christmas!
- Christmas is the season when you buy this year's gifts with next year's money.
- When you stop believing in Santa Claus is when you start getting clothes for Christmas!
- It’s all fun and games ’till Santa checks the Naughty List.
- You can tell a lot about a person by the way they handle three things: a rainy day, lost luggage and tangled Christmas tree lights. — Maya Angelou
- There are three stages of man: he believes in Santa Claus; he does not believe in Santa Claus; he is Santa Claus. — Bob Phillips
Business Christmas Card Sayings
All Business sayings come in handy when you’re sending thoughtful Christmas cards to co-workers, clients, or other businesses. We recommend that you use these sayings when you want to make a lasting impression that is cheerful yet appropriate.
- Wishing you and yours a wonderful holiday season and all the best in the coming year!
- Warmest thoughts and best wishes for a joyful holiday season.
- We're wishing you a Christmas filled with the warmth of family, friends, and fun.
- I hope your holidays are enjoyable and relaxing.
- Season's Greetings to those we hold dear, from our home to yours, whether far or near.
- Wishing you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New year. Thank you for all of your support this year.
- May the coming year bless you with life’s every wealth.
- We want to take this opportunity to say Thank You for your Business and Merry Christmas.
- In warm appreciation of our association during the past year, we extend our very best wishes for a happy holiday season.
- Wishing you a joyous holiday season and a New Year filled with Peace and Happiness.
Warm closings end every letter or card with a nice and lasting touch. You should use more affectionate closings when writing your Christmas cards so your recipients can feel the Christmas cheer in full effect.
Wishing you joy,
Peace and love,
Grace and peace,
As always with affection,
Peace be with you,
Joy for your day,
Cheerfully in Christ,
Tiny Prints is now making it even easier for you to send your holiday cards! No need to handwrite addresses on your envelopes this year. Select a custom envelope that goes along with your Christmas card design and get free address printing on your envelopes. Our new Address Book tool makes it super easy to upload and organize all of your recipients' addresses.