Behind the Design
- Why is stationery important?
- There is something more personal and special about getting an invitation or note in the mail that makes you excited to see what's inside. You don't get quite that same feeling from an email.
- What inspired this year's holiday collection?
- Nature, watercolor and texture.
- Do you have a specific ritual when you sit down to create a collection?
- I usually create my own mood boards from all kinds of inspiration I've collected and "pinned." I can have as many as three or four designs going at once as I create my boards and jump from thought to thought.
- What would you be doing if you weren't designing stationery?
- Besides being crafting and designing, I think my next passion is entertaining. From planning a menu, to cooking, to designing a beautiful table, I love to create an atmosphere where family and friends can let loose and enjoy each other's company.