Last Updated: Dec 3, 2018
It’s the season for Christmas cards, and you and your best friend have decided to join up to make the ultimate season’s greetings. Whether you’re roommates, childhood besties, or just love celebrating the holidays together, a best friend Christmas card is a great way to welcome in the holidays. After all, Christmas is a time for loved ones, and there’s few people you love spending time with more than your best friend.
- Best Friend Christmas Card Ideas
- Christmas Picture Ideas for Best Friends
- Best Friend Quotes For Christmas Cards
If you’re looking for ideas for Christmas cards with your best friend, we’re here to help. We’ve collected our favorite bestie Christmas card ideas for you, right here. From ugly Christmas sweater photo shoots to elegant Holiday displays, we’ve found the best of the best.
Cute Best Friend Christmas Cards
These cute christmas card ideas you showcase your friendship to the whole world. Just make sure to save your Christmas cards in the future to look back on.
- Christmas Tree Hunting: Feature the search for your Christmas tree in your Christmas cards. Dress yourself and your best friend in lumberjack attire or Christmas attire and have another friend take photos as you act out hunting down your Christmas tree.
- Now & Then: Feature a Now & then theme in your best friend Christmas card by using an old photo of you and your friend and contrasting it with a new recreated photo of you and your best friend. This is a great way to show off the growth and changes you’ve both experienced through the years.
- Wishlist for Santa: Feature a cute or humorous wishlist for Santa that includes things from both you and your best friend, then sign it and pose with it for a photo.
- Here & There: If you and your best friends are separated for the holidays, you can still make your Christmas card. Each of you should include a photo of yourself in seasonal clothes from wherever you are, paste them side by side and include the caption “Merry Christmas from Here and There.”
- We Go Together Like… This fill in the blank theme works great if you and your best friend love costumes. Dress up as the two things that end the sentence and use that as the photo and caption for your card. Duos include things like peanut butter and jelly, Santa and his elf, or a pair of Christmas stockings.
Roommate Christmas Card
It’s a fun tradition to make a Christmas card with your roommate(s) to send to friends and family for the holidays. If you’re looking for cute ideas for roommate cards, we’ve provided some of our favorite below:
- Christmas Cookie Baking: Show off your kitchen, baking skills, and roommate all in one. Use a photo of you and your roommate, dressed festively, baking Christmas cookies in your kitchen, and pair it with your favorite holiday quote for your card.
- Wrapping Presents: Similar to the Christmas cookies idea, the main idea is to use a photo of you and your housemate wrapping presents below your own Christmas tree. To add a humorous touch, have one or both of you wrapped up in Christmas ribbon or and bows, holding a failed wrapped present attempt.
- Hanging Ornaments: This classic Christmas photo takes place inside your home or apartment as you and your roommate go to work at decorating the tree. Make sure the lighting is right for the festive mood and don’t forget to smile as you work.
- (Furry) Family Photo: Do you have a dog, cat, or any other house pet? Include them in a Christmas family photo. Bonus points if you all have matching Christmas outfits.
- Holiday Dress Up: Pick any Christmas theme and play a round of dress up. Blank, yet bright backgrounds work best for this kind of photo shoot. However, if you can’t get a solid background, just make sure the one you use is Holiday themed.
When it comes to Holiday or Christmas pictures with your best friend, you want yours to look perfect. Because of that, picking a pose or theme for your Christmas photo can feel overwhelming. To help you out, we’ve provided some examples below:
Tangled in Lights
This theme only requires your best Christmas attire and a handful of Christmas lights. Have another friend pose you and your best friend so that you appear to have been tied up by the Christmas lights for a cute and festive photo.
Old Fashioned Photoshoot
Dress up in old fashioned Christmas clothes from your favorite decade and style your hair to match. Then take a photo shoot and apply and old fashioned affects you desire. This makes for funny Christmas cards to look back on in the future.
Sitting on Santa’s Lap
Pose with your best friend as a couple of overgrown kids sitting on Santa’s lap. This works best for duos who are truly kids at heart.
Ugly Christmas Sweater Photo Booth
Pick out your best Christmas sweaters and don them for the ultimate Christmas photo shoot. Make sure to have fun and be festive. Silly props help pull this theme over the top, and you’ll be glad you have the photos in the years to come.
Either purchase or craft a large frame that can fit both your and your best friend’s upper bodies. Then pose in Christmas attire holding the frame up in front of you two for the photos. Feel free to decorate the frame with sayings like “Make Merry” or “Happy Holidays.”
If you’re looking for a special holiday sentiment to highlight your friendship, look no further. Here’s our favorite Christmas quotes for best friends, wrapped up in a bow for you:
- “Sending all our love and friendship to you and yours. Happy Holidays!”
- “Sending you the warmest of holiday greetings from the best of friends. Merry Christmas!”
- “May your Christmas be full of hot chocolate, carols, and friends like these. Happy Holidays!”
- “Happy New Years! Here’s to another year of new and old friendships alike.”
- “All I need for Christmas is you! (And maybe a little more eggnog)”
- “In a season of giving, we got the best gift of all: each other. Merry Christmas!”
- “Who needs Christmas presents when I have the gift of you? (But since you’re asking, a bottle of wine will do just fine)”
- “Wishing you a very Merry Christmas from a house full of joy, friendship, and just a little holiday chaos.”
- “Merry Christmas from a couple of grinches. May your stockings have less coal than ours.”
- Or– “It’s hard to be a grinch this season with roommates like these! Merry Christmas!”
Additional Holiday Card Resources for Friends
If you’re looking for additional resources to show off your duo of Christmas spirit, consider our other holiday guides. They include: